Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

aasamassa
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials.

I have tried to setup an automatic refresh for a report but I am getting an error message. I thought the issue was coming from a MySQL database which was in the dashboard but even when I took that dataset off the model I still got the error message.

The datasources I have are : JSON files, Sharepoint Lists, excel file.

• Data source errorScheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.
  • Cluster URIWABI-CANADA-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID6c433565-44f4-4822-a63b-0196c6fb5fa3
  • Request ID52b51215-a307-cca5-aebf-ea0a209a0a5d

Does anyone knows how to solve it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aasamassa
Frequent Visitor

Hello @johnbasha33 

I was not able to access the data source credential, it was disabled. I had to create but a gateway to be able to schedule the refresh but because of that, my computer needs to be constantly turned on. I have a ticket open with support to solve that.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
aasamassa
Frequent Visitor

Hello @johnbasha33 

I was not able to access the data source credential, it was disabled. I had to create but a gateway to be able to schedule the refresh but because of that, my computer needs to be constantly turned on. I have a ticket open with support to solve that.

Thanks

@aasamassa  got it, let me know if you have any other questions.
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

johnbasha33
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@aasamassa 

It seems like the error message indicates that scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. Here are steps to resolve this issue:

1. **Check Data Source Credentials**: Go to the dataset's settings page in Power BI Service and verify the credentials for each data source used in your report. Make sure that the credentials are correctly entered and up to date. If any credentials are missing or outdated, provide the necessary credentials.

2. **Update Data Source Credentials**: If the credentials are missing or outdated, update them by clicking on the "Edit credentials" or "Edit" option next to each data source. Enter the required credentials, such as username and password, or any other authentication method required by the data source.

3. **Test Connection**: After updating the credentials, test the connection to each data source to ensure that the credentials are valid and the connection is successful. This can help identify any issues with the credentials or connectivity to the data sources.

4. **Reactivate Scheduled Refresh**: Once all data source credentials have been updated and tested successfully, reactivate the scheduled refresh for the dataset. This should enable automatic refresh according to the configured schedule.

5. **Review Error Details**: Review the error details, including the Activity ID and Request ID, to understand the specific data source or authentication issue that caused the error. This information can help troubleshoot the problem further if needed.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue and enable scheduled refresh for your Power BI report. If you encounter any specific challenges or errors during this process, feel free to provide additional details for further assistance.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors