Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Lancoy

Powerpoint add in not working "Time For An Update"

Currently have visuals directly linked into Powerpoint from a published Power BI report. They will work for a while and then stop working with a message that says "time for an update". I've tried everything including checking for updates, updating my computer/restarting, and checking for webview2 installation. If someone could help me get this fixed it would be greatly appreciated.

Lancoy_0-1711646168823.png

3 REPLIES 3
ZGA_M
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. One presentation shows the "It's time for an update" error, another presentation is working fine. This while both presentations have been created at the same time. 

We're running the newest version of Office and our system meets the minimum requirements. 

Looks like rebuilding the presentation is the quickest solution for now, but not understanding why this error has occured gives me a bit of anxiety.

EDIT:

I had a copy of the presentation stored in another folder, but that one seems to be working fine weirdly enough.

My guess for now is that someone opened the presentation while Office was outdated for a short while, which made the visuals crash permanently. 

v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lancoy 

Based on your screenshot, it seems that you are considering Office and Windows version compatibility.

Make sure that the Office version and the Windows version meet the minimum system requirements for the add-in to function properly.

Troubleshoot the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

After review both windows and office versions meet the minimum system requirements. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors