Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sultrax

PBI Report Builder doesn't recognize relationships created in PBI Desktop

Hey guys!

I've started learning about PBI Report Builder but I got stuck on something basic: relationships between tables.

Just as a test, I created two fact tables in PBI Desktop, one for sales and one for returns. Both contain columns for product and date.

So I created two dynamic columns, one for product and one for date, and related them to the two fact tables.

relationships.jpg

Of course, I could bring the returns' column to the sales' table and everything would be solved, but my objective here was exactly to test the relationships.

Seeing that they worked perfectly on my dashboard, I published my .pbix and imported the semantic model as a PBI RB dataset and guess what... it didn't recognize the relationships created.

In the Microsoft Learn video course, instructors are dealing with an older version of PBI RB in which there is a relationships panel, which is no longer part of the new version.

So, to make a long story short: how, in this cruel world, do I import relationships between tables created in PBI Desktop into PBI RB?

Thank u for the angel who will enlighten my mind!!

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sultrax 

It looks like the relationships are not working?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sultrax 

When you are using the report builder and accessing the semantic model, the relationship should automatically be consumed via the semantic model. If you could please try that out and let us know.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi, @GilbertQ , thanks for answering. I've been trying, without success. I am uploading two datasets for you to see. In the first one, i am running the query only with the columns of the sales table.

mesma tabela.jpg

In the second one, i substituted the product and date columns for the ones created in the dTables.

diferentes tabelas.jpg

Shouldn't they be running the same query? Why are the second one showing me these repetition of values?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors