Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SnoekL
Helper II
Helper II

New preview - Creating folders not showing

2 days ago during the Microsoft Fabric Conference it was anounced that creating folders is possible in the workspaces.

I have seen a couple of video's of people showing this feature but I doesn't show up in my workspaces. 

Do I need to turn the new features on somewhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @SnoekL ,

I will continue to pay attention to this feature, and I will promptly remind you of new changes here. Please wait.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SnoekL ,

You should now be able to see this new feature.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1712043143463.png

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SnoekL ,

This is a preview feature and may not be fully available to the public yet. We plan to address these issues in the coming months. Stay tuned for more upcoming updates. For more details please refer to the link:Announcing Folder in Workspace in Public Preview | Microsoft Fabric Blog | Microsoft Fabric.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The new feature became available for me yesterday. 👍

I have the same question as the original post: "Do I need to turn the new features on somewhere?"

Hi @HewBR ,

You do not need to make additional settings, but there are some considerations and limitations, such as the inability to create data flow gen2, flow semantic model and flow data flow in folders. For more details, please refer to the document: Create folders in workspaces (preview) - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

The Blog says it's in public preview now and everyone will be able to try this in the coming days.

How many days do we need to wait?

Hi @SnoekL ,

I will continue to pay attention to this feature, and I will promptly remind you of new changes here. Please wait.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors