Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TK12345
Resolver I
Resolver I

MySQL: Fatal error encountered during data read

Hi community,

I have an issue with a dataflow and a connection with a MySQL. 

Since a few days the dataflow will not reload the data anymore and gives me the following error: MySQL: Fatal error encountered during data read. 

When opening the dataflow all the queries are fine and loaded. Making a new dataflow with a new connection also works fine and I can see all the tables. Just after 11 minutes of reloading 1.5M rows it gives the following error: MySQL: Fatal error encountered during data read. It worked for the last few months without any issues, could someone help me out? I don't make any transformations in the dataflow.

We also use a gateway for the connection with the MySQL, gateway works fine as well and is active. 

How can I solve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
ghaines
Resolver I
Resolver I

I have also had a similar problem recently.  Just one of my three datasets (all built on very similar connections) has stopped working almost all the time since 19 January.  The dataset refresh failure error message format also changed at that time for all of Power BI.  Did yours stop working within a day of 19 January?

unicorns
Helper II
Helper II

Hello TK12345, 

Have you checked your query editor + checked all the steps in the query to see if any of the steps give you an error? (You might have to do a refresh on the query editor).

I think I've ran into this issue before when some changes were made in the original database (SQL) and I had to update my steps in the query editor (for my case, data type was changed in the SQL database that was causing the issue so had to update that step). 

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, and Kudos ‌ are very much appreciated!

- YJ

Hi unicorns,

Thanks for reaction. In the dataflow I only have the navigation step, so no change type or something. Could it be possible that the MySQL has to low performance?

Hello,

I see, thanks for that information. It does seem like it's an issue with the MySQL server, especially if you were able to load everything succesfully before. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors