Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

krishn
Helper I
Helper I

Microsoft Fabric hub (preview)

Hi, In Microsoft Fabric, we've created 10 workspaces as per the business request. As the admin for all workspaces, I've ensured that other developers are appropriately added to the admin role. However, when I navigate to Settings -> Microsoft Purview hub (preview) -> Open Full Report and view the report, I only see the workspaces and their respective items that I've created. Despite being the owner of all workspaces, I'm only able to view two workspaces (the ones I've created) in the report. I've checked with my colleagues, and they are experiencing the same issue - they can only see the workspaces they've created.

Question1 - Why I am not seeing other workspaces in the report though I am owner to all. 

Question2 - Where I can see all admin related data

Question3 - Are there any reports where I can see entire portfolio like How many total workspaces are there, who are all owners, who created the workspace, usability of the workspace. Where all this data store (in Power Bi in usage metrics we can generate most of these reports but in Fabric how can we do)

Appreciate, Krishna

1 REPLY 1
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @krishn ,

Question 1: Visibility of Workspaces in the Report
The visibility of workspaces in the Microsoft Purview hub report is primarily determined by the permissions and roles assigned to the user within those workspaces. Even though you are an owner of all workspaces, there might be specific settings or limitations within the Microsoft Purview hub that restrict the visibility to only those workspaces you've directly created. This behavior could be part of the current limitations in the preview version of the hub.

To ensure you have comprehensive access and visibility, please verify the following:

• Workspace Access: Confirm that your role as an owner is correctly applied across all workspaces. You can review and manage workspace roles and permissions from the Fabric admin portal. More details can be found here.
  • Microsoft Purview Hub Access: Ensure that there are no specific restrictions or settings within the Microsoft Purview hub that might limit visibility based on the creator of the workspace. Since this is a preview feature, some functionalities might be limited or in development.

Question 2: Viewing Admin-Related Data
Admin-related data in Microsoft Fabric can be accessed through the Microsoft Fabric admin portal. This portal provides a comprehensive view of various administrative aspects, including workspaces, users, capacities, and more. For a detailed guide on accessing and using the admin portal, please refer to this documentation.

Question 3: Reports on Workspace Portfolio
Currently, Microsoft Fabric provides insights and reports through the Microsoft Purview hub, which includes information on items and sensitivity labels across your organization's Fabric data estate. For a detailed portfolio of workspaces, including ownership, creation, and usage metrics, the Fabric admin portal's Workspaces tab is your go-to resource. It allows you to view and manage all workspaces within your organization. Detailed information on managing workspaces can be found here.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors