Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

janstrauss1
Helper I
Helper I

Licensing and legal conditions for using Power BI Bing Map Visuals on the web

Dear all,

I am planning to publish a Power BI report/dashboard on my organisations (non-profit) public website using the ‘Publish to Web’ option to get a link that I can embed into the website.

Since my report includes a basic map visual powered by Microsoft Bing, I was wondering if I need any additional license in addition to my personal Power BI Pro license to publish my report on the web for everyone to use?

I was looking at the Bing Maps terms but just wanted to reassure myself that I’m not overlooking anything and would appreciate any feedback on the legal conditions in my use case.

Many thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @janstrauss1 

As far as I am aware, you should be good to go because the Bing maps is included in the Microsoft Power BI desktop application, which means to me that it is licenced to be used with published web.

Here are the limitations in terms of what is not allowed Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @janstrauss1 

As far as I am aware, you should be good to go because the Bing maps is included in the Microsoft Power BI desktop application, which means to me that it is licenced to be used with published web.

Here are the limitations in terms of what is not allowed Publish to web from Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors