Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomasAndersson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Is it possible to embed to SharepointY/Teams on low (1-32) F SKU licenses?

Hi,

A question about Fabric licensing and embedding. I have been reading about in but as I'm a bit unsure and need to have my facts clear before I try to convince management to spend some money to get a Fabric license.

So you need at least a F64 SKU for Free users to be able to consume content in the Power BI service. This would be similar to a dedicated Premium with a P SKU.

But is it possible to get lower F SKU, such as F8, and then embed content into Teams and Sharepoint for non-users to view and consume? So that in theory an organization would only need to get a couple of Pro licenses for developers, get and F8 SKU,  and then embed to Sharepoint so that the rest of the company can see it?

That's how I understand it, but would much appreciate any clarification!

Microsoft Fabric licenses - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn
Capacity and SKUs in Power BI embedded analytics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

TomasAndersson_0-1689317289011.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TomasAndersson ,

As far as I concerned, your understanding is correct.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

We're interested in doing the same. Is this working for you?

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi Ben,

We managed to get a ride on and use an existing P SKU that existed within another part of the company, so never got the chance to test this unfortunately. 

Hope you'll find an answer somehow.

Thanks @TomasAndersson! We're currently on a P1 for Faculty (Large education discount). With P1 being retired and no education pricing available (yet?) in Azure I'm exploring contingencies. All seems to work but worries that it "shouldn't".

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TomasAndersson ,

As far as I concerned, your understanding is correct.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors