Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rode
Advocate II
Advocate II

Is feasible (and costs) for Power BI Premium A1 capacity for PDF-sending solution

Hello,

I have a Power BI report published in a standard Power BI workpace. I have around 2-3 hundreds of agents who I'd like to send a pre-filtered copy of this report to. Everyone of them must receive a filtered copy of the report, basing on its activity (basically, the agent Sam should receive the report containing only Sam's data).

In order to do this, I was looking at Power Automate to iterate over the 2-3 underds of agents, invoking PBI report PDF creation and sending it to the agent. I know that this needs a PBI Premium capacity. So, here the questios: do the A1 embedded capacity could be used for this purpose? Which woul be the correct sizing and cost estimate of the capacity?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rode 

As far as I know the only way is to run it and see what it consumes.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @rode 

Yes, that could quite possibly work. It would depend on the size of your semantic model and how quickly you are sending out the PDFs because when the PDF so running there will be using CPU and memory, I would suggest testing it to see how this works. You can always start and pause in a capacity.

Power BI Blog

Hello, thank you so much for your reply! Is there a way to have an estimation of the costs?

Hi @rode 

As far as I know the only way is to run it and see what it consumes.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors