Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Asd123
Employee
Employee

Hi, is there any way to merge power BI report into existing power BI report??

5 REPLIES 5
Asd123
Employee
Employee

Thanks for your reply.

Consider Report A having Page X and I need to merge Report B having Page Y into Report A as a New Page.
Is there any way to do this?

The thing is that it's not about the report, it's about the data. If you can build the new page at Report A just importing to Dataset A one table from Dataset Report B... Then that's all. If you need a more complex thing involving many tables of the model, you might want to consider creating a model a Dataset Report A that works with both scenarios as multi star schema. After building New Page at report A, you can also think if it make sense keeping dataset B for report B or if report B could just connect to dataset A because it now envolves both scenarios.

I would leave for last option reading Composite models. It looks very magical when you read about it, but you need to think things through before applying that for mainteinability.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

The condition here is we cant import datasets from User Report, nor we can embed a Web link in a new page.

Consider below example with two reports (My Report & User Report).

My Report has a Page X, and we want to add another page Y to My Report from User Report.

Looking to see if there is any concept like iframe in html where in the link is referred in the background and we can see only the charts/visuals that link refers in the foreground of Page Y in My Report.

Example of Iframe html code: Here we can see "The iframe element" on My report page. The link in src code is from the User report. I am using these terminologies (My Report, User Report) just for example purpose.

My Report:

Asd123_0-1694169478792.png

User Report:

Asd123_1-1694170159260.png

You can get two types of iframe to keep it simple. One is the "secure web portal" link that will request a login and the "publish to web" that would set it without a login but it becames public to find. That second one it's insecure and not recommeneded for sensitive data.

You can check doc about both of them. Let me share the one of embed in a secure way:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-embed-secure

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm not sure what you mean, I would say no you can't do automatic things to merge reports. You can do things like get more data and copy paste visuals between PowerBi Desktops or build a third dataset like composite model involving the two data models connected with direct query.

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors