Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

achourey

Getting Out Of Memory issue with Power BI Gateway when I am trying to refresh a large dataset.

my database is Amazon Redshift db and I am trying to refresh a report which consists of the last 3 months of my prod data which has around 200 million.
when I refreshed the report, I got the gateway of memory issue and I used the Amazon m5.2xlarge gateway EC2 instance, which has 8 vcpu ,32 GB RAM and 10 GB.
Can anyone help to resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @achourey ,

When I have experienced this the solution has always been to upgrade the RAM on the gateway server.  It might not be that just your single refresh is the problem.  It could be that other reports are running or other items on the server itself.  I would review the logs on the server itself for the gateway and look at how many times and when the memory (or cpu) got pegged at 100% and how long it stayed there.  It is usually as simple as adding more RAM to the gateway.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @achourey ,

When I have experienced this the solution has always been to upgrade the RAM on the gateway server.  It might not be that just your single refresh is the problem.  It could be that other reports are running or other items on the server itself.  I would review the logs on the server itself for the gateway and look at how many times and when the memory (or cpu) got pegged at 100% and how long it stayed there.  It is usually as simple as adding more RAM to the gateway.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors