Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sandraCortes
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamically Change password connection in data models for snowflake

Hello Everyone,

We want to be able to regularly update passwords (password rotation) for improved security (periodically change the password for our service account in Snowflake).

Do you know how we can manage that in Power BI in a way that is much more efficient than manually updating credentials in every report we have?

I appreciate your comments.

8 REPLIES 8
sandraCortes
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Everyone,

We want to be able to regularly update passwords (password rotation) for improved security (periodically change the password for our service account in Snowflake).

Do you know how we can manage that in Power BI in a way that is much more efficient than manually updating credentials in every report we have?

I appreciate your comments.

For things like snowflake you can take advantage of the new Shareable Cloud Connections Connect to cloud data sources in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn to define the connection and credentials once and then use these for multiple reports. Then you can just change the password on the shared connection.

Thank you @d_gosbell , that looks great... however I would have to change the password manually every time in both database and PBI connection.

Do you know if with an API is possible to change the password for the shared connection?

I was thinking about create a development that periodically and automatically changes the password in the database and changes it on the shared conection as well.

Thanks.

Thank you @lbendlin Do you know if exist any API to update a Shareable Cloud Connection

Are your connections pipelines or Kusto?

@lbendlin thank you for answering. Sorry what is the difference? 

sounds like your data source is not compatible. Please refer to the documentation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors