Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

freidav1984
Frequent Visitor

Data refresh fails in service - API endpoint called with function

Hi All!

I have a really frustrating issue I cannot solve. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have created a dataset, which gains data from several API endpoints. In Desktop, refreshing works fine!

After I publish the dataset to the service, I set the correct authentication method in the BI service, after the first scheduled refresh my refreshed dataset becomes corrupted, thus, my visualizations fail to show the correct data.

I think, I found the issue which might cause the problem, but I cannot find any workarund solution.

The problem:

1. I created a function which calls data from my API endpont (1). I used the function, because I need to call the data by pages.

let Query = (page as text) =>
let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://xxxxxxx/yyyyyyy/zzzzzzz/qqq/positions", [RelativePath = "?page="& page &"&per_page=100&status=publish,draft,pending"]))
in
    Source
in Query

As I called the function above, I got a table of different positions, which has an ID column.

2. Based on the ID column of the above mentioned result table, I call another function (see below) and I add the result to a new column.

let Query = (parent as text) =>
let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://xxxxxxxxx/yyyyyyyyy/zzzz/qqqqq/poziciok", [RelativePath = "/"& parent ]))
in
    Source
in Query

If I call these functions in the Desktop I get all the positions I need, and all the parent records, which are connected to my initial table.

But if I download my dataset from the Power bi service after the first refresh, it seems that some of my parent records are missing without returning any error message on refresh.

If I click refresh in the desktop, the missing parent data are showing up again. 

Any thoughts on this issue? Could the problem be caused by calling technically the same endpoints in the functions? I double-checked, my dataset settings and authentication data are correct both in the destkop and in the service as well.

Thanks in advance!

David

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors