Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

stuart765
Frequent Visitor

Creating Dashboards for Multiple Clients from Master Dashboard

I create a dashboard for my own use, composed of data from multiple clients, and want to take the same data to create the same dashboard for each client. Is there a method to restrict data for viewing by a specific client or do I have to copy the master dashboard and then delete data for all clients except for the specific client? I would have to do this five or six times and am searching for a more efficient process.

I have received outstanding help in the past from this forum and am greatly appreciative. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @stuart765 ,
You need to apply RLS in your report and then use the "Test as Role" feature for each client.
Reference Link: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-rls

You will get tons of videos over YouTube and other blogs as well to learn implementing RLS.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
stuart765
Frequent Visitor

Anand24,

Thank you.

stuart765

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @stuart765 ,
You need to apply RLS in your report and then use the "Test as Role" feature for each client.
Reference Link: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-rls

You will get tons of videos over YouTube and other blogs as well to learn implementing RLS.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors