Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

danextian
Super User
Super User

Change of email address - PBI Community

Hello,

This isnt exactly related to Power BI Service but I don't know where else to post.

How can I change the email address of my current user name (danextian) ? Anyone we can contact?

Thanks!

DANE

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable
5 REPLIES 5
nickchobotar
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi@danextian  Did you succeed in changing your email address? 

Also, I kinda would like to keep my current username and it appears they want us to create a new profile with a new username abviously.  I see your username (danextian) is the same which can mean two things: 
1) you have not yet had your email re-mapped or
2) they changed your profile to a new email address and you were also able to keep your old username.

😃 I hope it's # 2 for you.

Thanks
N -

Hi @nickchobotar ,

You need to create a new profile with a new username using the new email. They will remap your profile to  your old username but now with the new email. I wouldn't want to change my username either - i've had it for over six years.

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.

Thank you @danextian .  It's great news that we can keep our usernames too. It was not clear from the docs, so I appreacite you clearing it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous ,

Thank you for that prompt reponse. It's been over almost two weeks since I used that form but I am yet to receive a feedback. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors