Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ELIU
Regular Visitor

ArcGIS Map Visual on service not showing bubble size?

I have developed an ArcGIS map in Power BI. In addition to longitude and latitude, I have also provided size, color, and tooltips. Before I add additional layers to the map, i.e. I originally only had a base layer, the visual works fine in both Power BI desktop and Web Service. However, after I added additional layers, the symbology is acting weird. It now can only display Color correctly, but not size for the bubbles on the map.

Any ideas? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ELIU 

Here are several steps and considerations to help you address the issue:

1. Review Layer Settings

Within the ArcGIS map settings in Power BI, carefully review the settings for each layer, especially the newly added layers. There might be conflicts or settings that override the size settings for your bubbles.
Check if the addition of new layers has introduced any scale or display settings that could be affecting the size visualization. Sometimes, layers can have their own settings that interfere with the overall map settings.

2. Inspect the Configuration of the Size Attribute

Review how the size attribute is configured in the visual. There might be settings or thresholds that have been altered unintentionally when adding new layers.
Make sure that the size attribute is correctly bound to the desired field and that any expressions or calculations used to determine the size are working as expected.

3. Test with Fewer Layers

Temporarily remove the additional layers you've added and test to see if the size symbology works correctly with a simpler setup. This can help determine if the issue is directly related to the added layers or a more general problem with the visual.

4. Update Power BI and ArcGIS

Ensure you're using the latest versions of Power BI Desktop and the ArcGIS for Power BI visual. Sometimes, bugs affecting visuals are resolved in newer releases. If you're using custom or third-party layers, ensure they are compatible with the current versions of Power BI and ArcGIS.

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors