Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tktktk

Application that is shared in Teams channel's tab, does not remember user selections

I have an application that I have shared in Teams channel (in its own tab). App work just fine otherwise, but does not remember my selections from the last session. So it basically forgets all my selection each time I switch other channel or even tab in a channel.

Is there a way to make application work in same way that it works directly from PBI service? I have tried different sharing options, but with no luck.

2 REPLIES 2
tktktk

Thank you @v-yifanw-msft for your reply!

1. This application should save the user state. Or at least it does it in application, and I haven't made any changing to PBI default behaviour on this.

2. I tried with application integration, but unfortunately it did not help either.

3. This sounds like a logical reason for this behaviour. Unfortunately I did not find any setting from Teams that could affect on this. 

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tktktk ,

When sharing an application, such as a Power BI report, in the Microsoft Teams channel tab, ideally the behaviour should mimic the way it would run directly in the Power BI service. There are a number of steps we can take to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

1. Ensure that shared applications are designed to support user-selected persistence. Some applications may not themselves save user state between sessions.
  2. Consider using Power BI Application Integration in Teams if you are not already using it. This integration is specifically designed to work seamlessly within Teams and may provide better state management. Power BI reports can be added as tabs directly in Teams. See the documentation below for more information:
    Collaborate with Power BI in Microsoft Teams, Outlook, and Office - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
  3. Sometimes issues can be related to browser or Teams settings that clear cache or session data when leaving a tab. While specific settings may vary, it is worth exploring whether there are any configurations that may affect the persistence of the application state.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors