Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SethB
Advocate II
Advocate II

All possible Power BI Service embed URL parameters

I was looking around and I couldn't find documentation with a consolidated list of all possible embed URL parameters for Power BI Service. I know when you are embedding a report, the auto generated URL is of the form:

https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=[ReportID]&autoAuth=true&ctid=[ClientID]

I know there are additional url parameters that you can tack on the end to control the functionality of the embeded report, and I believe I am aware of most of them. However, there could be a couple parameters that I've never happened to run accross and would never know that it would be possible to use. The ones I'm aware of at the moment are:

• reportId
    • Identifies the report in which to embed
  • autoAuth
    • Automatically authenticates the user
  • ctid
    • Not too sure what this does, but I know its the same for all my reports
  • navContentPaneEnabled
    • Hides or shows the page tabs in the report
  • filterPaneEnabled
    • Hides or shows the Filter pane in the report
  • pageName
    • Identifies the default landing page in the report
  • filter
    • default values to dynamically filter the report by

I would appreciate it if anyone had any additional parameters they were aware of that they could add, or if the documentation that has all this information exists somewhere, as I couldn't find it through quite a lot of google searching. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
dhananjaypashte

I found this but not documented in any PBI documentation. Works for embedding report URL in Power Canvas App (Power BI Tile control)
disableSensitivityBanner: Allows to hide Sensitivity Label/Banner on report
Example: ?disableSensitivityBanner=true

KieranQuinn

1. reportSection: This parameter allows you to navigate to a specific report page by providing the page name.

Example: ?reportSection=ReportSectionName

2. filter: You can apply filters directly within the URL to display only certain data when the report loads.

Example: ?filter=TableName/FieldName eq 'value'

3. bookmark: Navigate to a specific bookmark in the report by specifying the bookmark name.

Example: ?bookmark=BookmarkName

4. pageName: Similar to reportSection, it allows you to open a report to a specific page.

Example: ?pageName=ReportPageName

5. pageView: This parameter controls the view mode of the page, such as "FitToWidth" or "ActualSize."

Example: ?pageView=FitToWidth

6. navContentPaneEnabled: This parameter shows or hides the navigation pane.

Example: ?navContentPaneEnabled=false

7. filterPaneEnabled: Shows or hides the filter pane.

Example: ?filterPaneEnabled=false

8. fullscreen: Opens the report in full-screen mode.

Example: ?fullscreen=true

9. autoplay: Sets the report to automatically play through pages.

Example: ?autoplay=true

10. chromeless: Opens the report without the Power BI navigation chrome.

Example: ?chromeless=1

11. ctid: The tenant ID, which can be used when you want to embed a report for users from a specific tenant.

Example: ?ctid=tenantGUID

12. groupId: Specifies the workspace where the report is located.

Example: ?groupId=workspaceGUID

13. config: Allows passing in a configuration string that can control visual configuration settings.

Example: ?config=configurationString

Vucko
Advocate II
Advocate II

I found one more

• actionBarEnabled
    Hides or shows the action bar
jared5
Regular Visitor

@SethB Did you happen to come across a list of parameters? I'm also on the lookout. 

I still have not come across a comprehensive list of embeding parameters. The ones I listed out are still the only ones that I am aware of but I will update this if I find out any more. I appreciate that you are also on the lookout for these as well @jared5.

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SethB ,

With parameters, you can filter the report for one or more values, even if those values contain spaces or special characters. The basic syntax is fairly straightforward; start with the report URL, add a question mark, and then add your filter syntax.

For more details, you can read related document: Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm aware of filtering a report with a parameter, that uses the "filter" parameter that I listed above. I was looking for any other embed URL parameters that I didn't list above. Maybe I already listed all of them though, I'm not sure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors