Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Krishnapriya
Regular Visitor

Alignment varies in Power BI service and exported excel

Hi Team,

I have created a table data in power bi. When i try to export it, the alignment changed in the excel. Is there any way to get the same alignment in exported sheet? please share your inputs.

Same data:

Krishnapriya_0-1716194263660.png

Krishnapriya_1-1716194280296.png

Here the Cury_price, cury_ext, aut_ext,receipt_no are in right alignment but in excel it is in left.

Thanks in Advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry but I don't think you can make the aligment keep from Power Bi to excel. They are completely different tools with totally different format applications.

There might be something to play around with aligment considering data types, because excel might align some values depending on the data types, but that's not for sure.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Krishnapriya ,
I’d like to acknowledge the valuable input provided by the @ibarrau   .  His initial ideas were instrumental in guiding my approach. 
When exporting to Excel, some formatting functions may not be directly translated due to the limitations of Excel. If you can, you can try to make changes to the data display in excel. If it doesn't involve maintenance of your data, you can use the export to PDF option, which will keep your data styled.
Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Krishnapriya ,
I’d like to acknowledge the valuable input provided by the @ibarrau   .  His initial ideas were instrumental in guiding my approach. 
When exporting to Excel, some formatting functions may not be directly translated due to the limitations of Excel. If you can, you can try to make changes to the data display in excel. If it doesn't involve maintenance of your data, you can use the export to PDF option, which will keep your data styled.
Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I'm sorry but I don't think you can make the aligment keep from Power Bi to excel. They are completely different tools with totally different format applications.

There might be something to play around with aligment considering data types, because excel might align some values depending on the data types, but that's not for sure.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors