Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RémyA
Frequent Visitor

Unable to render paginated report - Error

Hello,

I have this error in Power BI Services:
There was an error communicating with Analysis Services. Please verify that the data source is available and your credentials are correct. wabi-west-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net.

This error as start yesterday with Paginated Report that work from several weeks.

The paginated Report is conected to a Power BI Semantic Model that use DirectQuery. 
I have already republish ervery composant (Semantic Model, Report..) I have access Admin to the Workspace. 

In Report Builder I have also the error sometimes when I am rendering. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RémyA
Frequent Visitor

I have create the DAX Query to source the visuals and solve the problem.. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RémyA
Frequent Visitor

Hello, @v-rongtiep-msft @v-yetao1-msft 

Any idea? The problem continue.

Thanks

RémyA
Frequent Visitor

I have create the DAX Query to source the visuals and solve the problem.. 

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RémyA ,

Ensure that the Analysis Services data source is up and running. If it's an on-premises data source, confirm that the on-premises data gateway is operational and that there haven't been any changes to its configuration. For more information on managing gateways, please refer to Manage your data source - Analysis Services.

According to your error information provided, the reason for the error failure has been clearly pointed out that the configuration credentials of the data source definition you can go to the dataset setting interface in detail, find the "! , select Click Edit credential to re-enter and configure credentials for them:

vrongtiepmsft_0-1709102737148.png

For details, you can also check out this official document:
Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

DirectQuery model guidance in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

If it does not help, please provide more details with the error.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-rongtiep-msft,

Like I write in the first post, the Paginated Report is connected to a Power BI Semantic Model, is not a problem with credential. The same semantic model is used in other report (not paginated...) and we dont have any trouble.

The same Paginated Report have work before..

Thanks

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RémyA 

This problem occurs in Report Builder,I'll transfer your problem to the corresponding forum, where the corresponding engineer will deal with the problem for you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

RémyA
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-yetao1-msft,

I have recreate the Semantic Model in Power BI Desktop, the Semantic model can access to the data (in a SQL pool Synapse), I have a Power BI report that plug to this semanic model, and I dont have any problem with the report, only with the paginated report that have an error in Power BI Service and Report Builder. 

Thanks.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RémyA 

Can you load data successfully if you recreate a report that connect to the Power BI Semantic Model via Direct Query connection mode in Power BI Desktop ? From the error message, it seems that there is no way to access the data source .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Hello @v-yetao1-msft,

I Have recreate a report in Power BI Desktop, no problem. Is only with Report builder with the same visual that I have the error. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.