Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SamElhag

Is there anyway for me to get the Old version Of Power BI (Optimized for report server)?

SamElhag_0-1702419648549.png

Hi All, 

I need a way to download a version of Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server) that is compatible with this version of the report server.  Looking on the archive link, the downlaods don't seem to go back far enough. When I try to download it from the report server itself, it redirects me to the download the latest version which is not compatable with the report files on the server. 
Any help is appreciated. 

Best,
Sam 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SamElhag

Figured it out. You can use the normal PowerBI desktop version. (Not Optimized for report server) as long as it's the same range. (Sept 2022)..etc 

You can edit and save off reports and then upload them to the report server with little issue. 
You can find archived versions of PowerBI Desktop here: (https://zenatti.net/)

So far has been working for me, Answering just to keep the answer here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SamElhag

Figured it out. You can use the normal PowerBI desktop version. (Not Optimized for report server) as long as it's the same range. (Sept 2022)..etc 

You can edit and save off reports and then upload them to the report server with little issue. 
You can find archived versions of PowerBI Desktop here: (https://zenatti.net/)

So far has been working for me, Answering just to keep the answer here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors