Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SatyamChauhan

Not receiving mails from Reflex Trigger

Hi,

I am using microsoft fabric account (ending with @onmicrosoft.com) provided in the Microsoft Fabric Workshop, I am receiving real time data in the eventStream service and from event stream the data is monitored by Data activator (Reflex) service. I have setup the object and created a trigger based on a numeric condition, when I click on "Send me a test alert" then it gives error - "Failed to create test action" also when I save and start the trigger I don't receive any mails regarding the triggers, I don't even know if the trigger is working or not.

Please help how can I fix this.

5 REPLIES 5
michkad
Employee
Employee

For test alert scenario - can you please check if you have "email" property set for this user in Entra ID? If not please set this property and try testing once more

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SatyamChauhan ,

Although you have mentioned that your account is a microsoft fabric account, each recipient of an email alert must also be an internal organization email address, which means that the recipient must belong to an organization that has a fabric tenant.Data Activator does not allow email alerts to be sent to external email addresses or guest email addresses.
Data Activator limitations - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn
Also, could you please check if there are any error codes? If there are any error codes, you can check the cause of the error by yourself according to this document.
Troubleshooting errors in Data Activator - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn
In addition, it is also possible that the error is caused by the browser cache, please try to delete the existing Reflex and clear the browser cache, and then re-create the Reflex to try!

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The reflex service is in preview mode, when can we expect it to be available for production scenario. 

I am using a microsoft fabric worshop provided microsoft 365 account that looks like admin@XYZ.onmicrosoft.com  . I am logged using this account and trying to send email to this account only. I hope this should be possible. 
Is there a way we can check if the trigger is running or not, I dont see any option for trigger history. 

@v-junyant-msft 
This is really a shortfall with Activator that I hope will be solved in a near future. There is no way that Reflex authors could even try to enter an external email out of the Fabric tenancy organization (which is acceptable seems to be adequate for security requirements). Users can only choose emails from the list of user accounts (although there could be multiple domain formats). I can't understand why still there is a secondary screen to fail any email that is not formatted in a single selected domain (like @maindomain.com)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors