Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DC07
Regular Visitor

Ingest data from Azure Event Hubs into Fabric KQL DB

Hi,

I'm trying to I'm trying ingest data from Azure Event Hubs to Fabric KQL DB but I'm having issues with the connection. (FYI this is working in Azure Stream Analytics with the same event hub as a source)

First it can't find any exisiting connections, even though there are EventHub connections created

DC07_0-1713375411255.png

And second, even if I create a new connection it's not possible to continue. The consumer group is greyed out and I can't click next

DC07_1-1713375667848.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DC07
Regular Visitor

I opened a ticket and was a confirmed issue. Its now solved

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DC07
Regular Visitor

I opened a ticket and was a confirmed issue. Its now solved

DC07
Regular Visitor

HI @v-junyant-msft 

Yes, I am admin of the workspace

I'm the owner of the EventHub connection in fabric

The Azure Event Hub is not behind a firewall

In your answer you mention eventstrem. In this case I'm not using an evert stream. I'm trying to connection to Event Hubs directly from KQL DB follow this (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/real-time-analytics/get-data-event-hub)

Anyway as a test I created an event stream and as a source I have connected to the Azure Event Hub with no problem, So I could use this solution but I wanted to avoid an eventstream

DC07_0-1713425489266.png

So looks like there is some issue connection to Azure event hubs from KQL. As I said, it wont even show existing connections. Any idea?

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DC07 ,

About you can't find any any exisiting connections, please ensure that you have Contributor or higher permissions in the premium workspace where your eventstream is located. This is crucial for accessing and managing connections. And your Event Hub is not behind a firewall or secured in a virtual network, as mentioned in the prerequisites. Event Hubs must be publicly accessible for connections to be established successfully.
About the consumer group is greyed out, please ensure the consumer group you're attempting to use is correctly defined in your Event Hub. Each consumer group provides a separate view of the event stream, allowing multiple consuming applications to read the stream independently. And you also need to have the necessary permissions to access and modify the consumer group settings. Lack of permissions could result in the option being unavailable.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors