Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RonyMSFT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Data Activator now supports Microsoft Teams for alerts

Hi,

I am excited to announce that Data Activator now supports alerts through Microsoft Teams!! Visit the announcement below for more details.

Data Activator now support Microsoft Teams for alerts

The Data Activator Team

7 REPLIES 7
kblackburn
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @tzaganczyk I am having the same issue. Have you had any luck with root cause / resolution?
Thanks!

Hi @kblackburn nothing new so far.

@RonyMSFT is there anything you could help here, please?

Hello @tzaganczyk . I'm not sure what the cause is but let's see if we can narrow down what's going wrong. As a first step, can you check for me whether you have the Data Activator Teams App installed? The app should auto-install when you send an alert to yourself, but your admin can disable this, which might be what has happened. You can check if it is installed by clicking "apps" in the sidebar on the left of Teams then typing "Data Activator" in the search box. If you have Data Activator installed, it will show up there. If it is not installed, then try installing it and see what happens. 

tzaganczyk
Regular Visitor

Hi MS Team,

I am trying to use the Teams alerts but it doesn't work for me. Email alerts work fine.

I use Fabric Trial and Power BI Pro license.

When I save the alert with changed configuration to send Teams message:

tzaganczyk_0-1713439972076.png

I can see the confirmation of saving & updating the trigger.
I click on "Send me a test alert" button and I this message pops up:

tzaganczyk_1-1713440031639.png

I can't get details of the problem's root cause. How to get this information?

What am I doing wrong?
Thank in advance for the help!

technolog
Super User
Super User
haro
Frequent Visitor

How do we send messages to Teams channels? I tried with Teams channel's email but didn't work

Hi Haro,

At present, Data Activator does not support sending messages to Teams channels. You can only use it to message individual people. Note that messages from Data Activator appear in the Data Activator Teams App. This app should automatically install for the recipient of the alert, if the recipient does not already have the app installed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors