Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vijay_pbi

How to show 2weeks data in a column chart

Hi Everyone,

Recently, I came up with a requirement to show a Clustered column chart where x-axis shows 2week period (chart 1). I have used a calender table in powerquery, where i have created a column using Date.StartOfWeek and Date.EndOfWeek.

Now to achieve this requrirement I have created one more column by using Date.AddDays to add 14 days to current end date. When i created a clustered column chart with this new field, it gives 14days range between each column, but the next column start date differs (see chart 2).

May I know your thoughts to fix this ?

Requirement -Chart1

vijay_pbi_0-1713247127758.png

Wrong chart - chart2

vijay_pbi_1-1713247523919.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Joe_Barry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @vijay_pbi 

The new column needs to be numerically sorted. You will need to create another column where each new two week period has a numericaly sort number. Then when you load this you will need to sort the two week column by the sort column.

I would suggest for the sort column create a column that shows the start date of the two week period and use this for sorting

Thanks

Joe

If you found my answer helpful and it solved your issue, please accept as solution

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Joe_Barry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @vijay_pbi 

The new column needs to be numerically sorted. You will need to create another column where each new two week period has a numericaly sort number. Then when you load this you will need to sort the two week column by the sort column.

I would suggest for the sort column create a column that shows the start date of the two week period and use this for sorting

Thanks

Joe

If you found my answer helpful and it solved your issue, please accept as solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors