Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nimesh2kotadia
Regular Visitor

Geocoding using Bing Geocoder in Excel Power Query

I have built a dynamic excel sheet that geocodes adresses present in Input sheet, in A column, and gives results back in a new sheet. I have used power query to connect to bing geocoder api given below. Wierd thing is that when I try less addresses then it gives me results but when I try to give 50+ addresses at a time then it throws credential error (We couldnot authenticate the credentials provided). Is there something I am missing? Been try to solve this since last 2 days. 

More content - I am invoking below function on the addresses given in the input sheet. 

let
Location = (address as text) =>
let
url = "http://dev.virtualearth.net/REST/v1/Locations?" & address & "&o=xml&maxResults=1&key=API Key",
Source = Xml.Tables(Web.Contents(url))
in
Source
in
1 REPLY 1
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nimesh2kotadia 

Based on your description, you may need to process your addresses in bulk, because the web.content has the timeout limit, it specify this value as a duration will change the timeout for an HTTP request. The default value is 100 seconds, or you can change the limeout value. you can refer to the following link. and please check that if it has the limitation of the API response, You can check it in the related Bing document,

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/web-contents#about

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors