Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Manushi_16
Regular Visitor

Excel Power Query

I need to create a new sheet in the existing excel sheet using Power Query in Excel, wherein only the names without corresponding GSTIN entries are displayed automatically.

For example:

NameGSTIN
Sophia24HDS2000ZOM1
Max 
William 
Layla24HDS2000ZOM1

I want to display the above name without the GSTIN in new sheet using excel power query

4 REPLIES 4
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

I thought your question was "how do I keep only names that have no values as the corresponding GSTIN. If so, you can just import the table into Power Query, and then in the GSTIN column, right click it on a null or empty value, and choose "Equals". This will give you all rows where the GSTIN is blank. Then just load to an Excel sheet.

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!
dufoq3
Super User
Super User

Hi @Manushi_16

1. import your data to Power Query
  2. right click GSTIN --> Remove
    dufoq3_0-1713080838089.png
  3. close and load your query into new sheet

But remember, @lbendlin mentioned importat thing on purpose: Power Query can not create new sheet everytime you load new data. It'll just update existing query in existing sheet where you loaded it for the first time.

Note: Check this link to learn how to use my query.
Check this link if you don't know how to provide sample data.

mahenkj2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Manushi_16,

Yes you can.

In excel you convert this data as table and go through query from a table in Data tab. You can do necessary transformation in power query (split by delimiter and so on) and when you finish, you can either directly clase the query and it will create a new sheet and load as a new table in a new sheet.

mahenkj2_0-1713029920451.png

Every time you refresh, that new sheet will be refreshed.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power Query has no idea what a "sheet"  is.  It's just a query.  You need to then take the results of the query and place them somewhere, in a sheet for example.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors