Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rec79
Regular Visitor

Excel 365 - 'Get Data' from Power Platform - Missing Datasets

All of our users have recently received the attached updated view for accessing datasets through Excel. Since the update, they can no longer see workspaces/datasets they previously had access to.

The workaround is to click the ellipsis and go to the datahub and then analyze in excel (which proves they have the appropriate permissions).

Strange thing is, they can see workspaces they do not actually have permissions to - when clicking the dataset, access is denied (as it should be). Same user logging in from a machine/laptop that has not been updated does not have the same issue. This latest update appears to be rotten. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? 

rec79_0-1658888017843.png

5 REPLIES 5
TomT131
Frequent Visitor

Hi,
We have just updated Excel to 2404 version and this is an issue again.
Datasets that were discoverable last week are no longer available, nothing else has changed with access. All datasets/semantic models are discoverable via Power BI data hub.
Thanks,

We're experiencing a similar issue with our data team and business users. This is extremely frustrating!

Only certain datasets are listed, not the full list. Using the search functionality use to be dynamic/real-time, but not appears to be a 2-step process: type search word and then hit enter to return the filtered datasets.

nicg
Advocate II
Advocate II

Having the same problem. The Get Data from Power BI experience has been reworked in Excel 2207 and now the vast majority of our Power BI Premium datasets are missing. Searching does not bring them up in the list.

I haven't checked if other users are seeing datasets that they don't have access to. But I have access to dozens if not hundreds of datasets and yet I only see 15 in Excel.

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rec79 ,

Has your problem been solved? If it is solved, please mark a reply which is helpful to you.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rec79 ,

Could you please find those datasets that are not displayed by using the search box?

In my excel, only one dataset is displayed by default, but I can find other datasets by searching.

vkkfmsft_0-1659074655685.png

vkkfmsft_1-1659074713807.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors