Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sannat
Helper I
Helper I

Errors in custom column

Hi super users, can you help a novice with this query please?

I've created a custom column to show when our next training refresher is due.  This is using the last booking date and adding the refresher cycle no. of years.  However, some of the rows show the training is yet to be booked "TB", this is creating errors in my new customer column.  I'd like the TB to appear in the custom column where no date is available, ie the error cells.  Can you tell me what I need to add to the syntax to achieve this please.  I've tried allsorts but being fairly new to PBI I could do with some pro help please?  Sure this will be obvious to most.   Thanks in advance.

Sannat_0-1679312622739.png

Sannat_2-1679312731122.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jennratten
Super User
Super User

Hello - here is how you can do this.

SCRIPT

Table.AddColumn(#"Replaced Value2", "Next refresher due", each if [Booking status] = "TB" then "TB" else Date.AddYears ( Date.From ( [Booking status] ), [Refresher cycle in years] ), type text )

RESULT

jennratten_0-1679315052656.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jennratten
Super User
Super User

Hello - here is how you can do this.

SCRIPT

Table.AddColumn(#"Replaced Value2", "Next refresher due", each if [Booking status] = "TB" then "TB" else Date.AddYears ( Date.From ( [Booking status] ), [Refresher cycle in years] ), type text )

RESULT

jennratten_0-1679315052656.png

Thanks for the swift reply, I'm just trying it out now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors