Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

babdallas

Error in MySQL connection (mysql.data.mysqlclient)

Hello, I'm trying to make a connection using MySQL connector in PowerQuery in my client's computer.  I've already installed the MySQL .NET Connector, but I'm facing the mysql.data.mysqlclient error. But in my computer it's working normally. I don't know what I have to do in order to fix it and make it works.

I appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks,

Bruno Abdalla de Souza

3 REPLIES 3
babdallas

Hello everyone! I've solved my problem using the MySQL connector version 8.0.27. Thanks a lot @v-jingzhang !

babdallas

I had to install the MySQL Connector/NET 8.0.27. It not worked with the versions 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33, but in my machine it works fine with all versions. It's very weird and it seems to be a bug. 

Hi @babdallas 

Which version of Power BI Desktop is used in your client's computer? It looks like a compability issue but some users find other versions of MySQL connector also work.

MySQL Connector Not Working - Microsoft Fabric Community

Not able to connect to MySql from PowerBi April ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors