Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jmfillman
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Column Reference in Sum.List

This first formula works, but I am trying to remove the hard column reference ([FY24 Original Baseline]) to a dynamic reference from a varible:

List.Sum(Table.SelectRows(tbl_DSBaselines,

(InnerTable) => InnerTable[FinancialID] = [FinancialID] and

InnerTable[Baseline Version] = Text.Combine({FiscalYear,"Q0"}))[FY24 Original Baseline]

)

Does not work (returns a List) and I cannot figure out the correct syntax to accomplish this. Table.Column is clearly not correct.

FiscalYearBaseline is the variable containing the column name I want to reference.

List.Sum(Table.SelectRows(tbl_DSBaselines,

(InnerTable) => InnerTable[FinancialID] = [FinancialID] and

InnerTable[Baseline Version] = Text.Combine({FiscalYear,"Q0"})){Table.Column(tbl_DSBaselines,FiscalYearBaseline)}

)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jgordon11
Resolver II
Resolver II

List.Sum(Table.Column(Table.SelectRows(tbl_DSBaselines, (InnerTable) => InnerTable[FinancialID] = [FinancialID] and InnerTable[Baseline Version] = Text.Combine({FiscalYear,"Q0"})), FiscalYearBaseline))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jgordon11
Resolver II
Resolver II

List.Sum(Table.Column(Table.SelectRows(tbl_DSBaselines, (InnerTable) => InnerTable[FinancialID] = [FinancialID] and InnerTable[Baseline Version] = Text.Combine({FiscalYear,"Q0"})), FiscalYearBaseline))

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors