Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TMason
Frequent Visitor

API loads into Power Query, but not into report

Hi all,

wondering if you can help me with this issue.

I'm pulling data into my report via an API that we pay for access to (SEMrush Standard API).

My API pull request appears to be working fine because I can successfully pull the data into Power Query & when I've queried this issue with SemRush, they say that the call appears to be working fine from their end.

However, when I try to load it into my report I get the following error: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

From my research it sounds like it's a credentials related issue on the PowerBi side, however clearing the credentials hasn't fixed the problem. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks all 🙂

1 REPLY 1
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hello! Based on what I have read, this error typically means you attempted to modify a collection (list or array) while iterating over it. Make sure you are not modifying the data structure while iterating over it (if you do need to modify you can create a separate collection to house the modified data), concurrency could cause issues, make sure concurrent modifications are prevented, some operations might not be supported while iterating over it, and nested iterations can cause issues so make sure you aren't modifying the outer collection while iterating the inner collection. Review the code and look for areas that you modifying while iterating, then change to avoid that pattern.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors