Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

khampton
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Filter not working when embedded into D365

I have a Power BI report which is embedded into D365 and initially the filter was requested at Account level which works fine.

I was later ased to change this to ccompanyID, so using a companyID field which is a bespoke field in D365 Accounts.

If the Company ID is null, the filter appears and filters on (blank) which is expected:

khampton_0-1710765120365.png

However when the field is populated I'm getting the error:

"This field was deleted from the model and can't be used as a filter"

khampton_1-1710765177722.png

Hovering over both filters gives the same table and field name, so any ideas why this may be?

I'm completely new to D365 and embedding PowerBI reports!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
khampton
Frequent Visitor

Fo anyone struggling with this issue, the issue seems to be where there is a mix of values and strings.

Changing the format to string for all cases doesn't work, but adding letters to the value figures so they become strings did work, so there you go.

Haven't yet tested using numerical only fields though, that'll be next up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
khampton
Frequent Visitor

Fo anyone struggling with this issue, the issue seems to be where there is a mix of values and strings.

Changing the format to string for all cases doesn't work, but adding letters to the value figures so they become strings did work, so there you go.

Haven't yet tested using numerical only fields though, that'll be next up.

@khampton Glad you found the solution.

Cheers,

PMDY

Blog:https://ecellorscrm.com

pavanmanideep
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @khampton ,

Can you check if you were not facing any issue in Power BI Desktop?

Cheers,

PMDY

I can confirm the filter works perfectly in desktop!

pavanmanideep
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

Can you confirm if you don't have any special characters in your fields which were being used for the filters. It is because, when id is blank, it is getting filtered out, hence you dont face any issue.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response or got a direction forward to proceed, please give it a Thumbs Up. Appreciate your Kudos. You can accept more than one post as a solution.

Cheers,

PMDY

There are numbers and letters but also spaces and the data is stored as an nvarchar.

I've tried converting to varchar and this hasn't worked.

pavanmanideep
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

I see there were two companyid filters, possibly both could be from different tables, where one was deleted from the dataset. The filters set dont automatically refresh once the field is deleted, make sure all the fields used as filters should be present in your dataset.

Hope this helps...

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response or got a direction forward to proceed, please give it a Thumbs Up. Appreciate your Kudos. You can accept more than one post as a solution.

Cheers,

PMDY

Hi,

Thanks for your response, but it doesn't solve my issue. The filter is duplicated I assume because one is from the Power BI report itself and the other is the one added by Dynamics 365. Both filters show Table1[companyid] when hovered over, so they should be working on the same table and field. Deleting the filter from the Power BI report so only one filter appears in the embedded report still gives the deleted field error. The field is apparently not deleted when the companyid field is blank so the issue only occurs when I'm on the account page of an account with a populated company id.

It also works fine when using Account name as the filter field, I still get duplicated filters, but the reports are filtered to the appropriate account. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors