Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DiePic
Resolver II
Resolver II

Canvas in PBI show always all records

Hi all

I'm creating my 1st write back PBI-->PApps.

I create a canvas on my excel file from PApps and it's working for insert, modify and delete.

I insert the canvas in my PBI report and it's working.

The problem is the view, the gallery shows always all record and if I insert some data in the textboxsearch, all data disapears.

This is my formula in the gallery:
If(
  IsBlank(TextSearchBox1.Text);
  SortByColumns(
    Search([@TDipendentiTktRest]; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Dipendente"; "IdDipendente"; "InForza");
    "Dipendente";
    If(SortDescending1; SortOrder.Descending; SortOrder.Ascending)
  );
  Filter(
  [@TDipendentiTktRest];
  Dipendente = TextSearchBox1.Text   // 'PowerBIIntegration'.Data = true
  )
)
the 1st block is working but the final filter dont retrieve records ... I try also with "'PowerBIIntegration'.Data = true" (now remmed) but it return errors.
Where I'm in wrong?
Any help or suggestion will be apprecied.
Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I create the PowerApp with a model, and is working well.

Then I've create my PBI and integrate the PowerApp in it.

Unfortunately that will not work.  Has to be the other way round.  You MUST create the PowerApp from inside the Power BI visual.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DiePic
Resolver II
Resolver II

HI @lbendlin thanks for your reply.

Then I've create my PBI and integrate the PowerApp in it.
It's working inside PBI too, but if I select the row on PBI, all records are displayed in the gallery.
In the screenshot I've selected the 2nd row but in the PowerApp there are all rows.
I've seen several post that selecting a row on the left, the same is reported on the PowerApp.

DiePic_0-1708439248079.png

I've tryed to modify the formula on the gallery but it's not working, if I use the TextBox to search a name, the gallery visualization became blank.
Thanks for any suggestion or idea

Then I've create my PBI and integrate the PowerApp in it.

Unfortunately that will not work.  Has to be the other way round.  You MUST create the PowerApp from inside the Power BI visual.

😳
For sure?
All it's working well (insert, modify, delete), only the gallery it's not working correctly .... 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide more details on your setup.  Are you using a PowerApps visual in Power BI?  Did you create the PowerApp through it? Did you add the required Power BI fields to the visual? Can you see them in the PowerApps designer?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors