Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lewisveale

Trial version of a premium capacity licence?

I need to try out the "Save a Power BI paginated report to a local folder with Power Automate" action (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-automate-paginated-local-file) but I don't have a Premium Capacity licence. And I can't buy one until I prove that what I plan to do will work. Catch 22.

So is there a trial Premium Capacity Licence that I can get hold of?

For info, what I want to do is this;

• In a Power BI tenant, turn off ALL the exporting features for everyone, except for one security group.
  • (So no "human" accessing the reports can export.)
  • Create a Power Automate flow using the above "action".
  • Configure it with a specific identity, which I will put in the above-mentioned security group.
  • (So when the Power Automate flow calls Power BI, it has permission to export the report content).
  • I will need to use a paginated report, as I want to export to Excel.
  • The exported Excel file will be written to the configured SharePoint portal.

For further information (and in case anyone has any better ideas than this!), this is to meet a "separation of duties" requirement, whereby no single user has permission to export a report to Excel, and run off with the data. User A will have permission to run the Power Automate flow, and User B will have access to the SharePoint location.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors