Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jameshutton
Community Admin
Community Admin

Data Activator is now in public preview!

Dear Community Members,

We're delighted to announce that Data Activator is now in public preview! This means Data Activator is now available to all Microsoft Fabric users, with no requirement to sign up separately for access. We have turned on Data Activator for all existing Fabric users, so if you are already a Fabric user then you will now be able to access Data Activator. 

A big thank to to all of our private preview users, who have provided invaluable feedback since our announcement in May.

For more information about our public preview, please see the announcement on the Fabric blog.

Sincerely,

The Data Activator Team

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Our deployment to some regions hasn't completed yet, including West US 2 and 3. They should finish on Monday, so it will show up then. Thanks for bearing with us! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TePe
Helper III
Helper III

Unfortunately I still don't see Data Activator in my tenant. The only thing I can imagine is that our "home region" is Germay West, I know that Fabric isn't supported there, yet. So I created an F2 capacity to test things and this is located in West Europe. So I guess I should see it?!

Thanks,

Thomas

Hi again Thomas

The engineering team has confirmed that the reason you can't see Data Activator is that your tenant's home region does not support Fabric.  This is because the "enable Data Activator (preview)" switch is at the tenant level, not the capacity level, so you don't have access to the switch. However, we can turn it on for your tenant if you would care to send me your tenant ID. You can send it to me directly at jameshutton@microsoft.com.

Hi Thomas

Data Activator does support West Europe and is fully deployed there. It is possible that the reason it's not working for you is related to the fact that your tenant's home region is not one of the supported regions. I am checking on this with our engineering team and will come back to you ASAP.

WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Our deployment to some regions hasn't completed yet, including West US 2 and 3. They should finish on Monday, so it will show up then. Thanks for bearing with us! 

TePe
Helper III
Helper III

What's the reason if I can't see Data Activator in my Fabric Tenant? I'm an admin in the tenant and can't see the setting how to (de-)activate it in the admin portal as well...

Thanks,

Thomas

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.