Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KevinSoma
Regular Visitor

Power BI embedded report crashing when pinch to zoom on Mobile iOS device

Hello everyone,

I have embedded a Power BI report in an HTML page, and it functions properly on desktop, iPad, and Android mobile devices. However, I am encountering a problem when using it on an Apple iOS device. Whenever I try to pinch to zoom, the page crashes and reloads.

I have tested this issue on Safari, Google Chrome, and Brave Browser, and the problem persists across all of them. I have properly assigned the mobile layout settings (layoutType: models.LayoutType.MobilePortrait and layoutType: models.LayoutType.MobileLandscape) for both portrait and landscape orientations.

I am currently using an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS version 16.5 for testing, and I have also replicated the issue on the previous iOS version 15.6.1.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice regarding the cause of this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

5 REPLIES 5
apenaranda
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello, @KevinSoma I am trying to insert the report but with mobile design view, which I understand is what you mention but in my case it does not show me the mobile design report but rather the desktop one. I also have added the layoutType: models line. LayoutType.MobilePortrait but ignores it.
I may be doing the design wrong or I may be missing something. Could you help me see by comparing how you have it?
I do the embedding in an html although I indicate it from javascript
Thank you.

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @KevinSoma ,

I suggest to post your question under the Developer community, that is monitored by Power BI Embbeded experts.

Developer - Microsoft Fabric Community

Thanks, Maya 

Hi, 

This is already posted under the Developer community too but Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin suggested to post it in power bi mobile app forum. 

See: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Developer/Power-BI-embedded-report-crashing-when-pinch-to-... 

Hi @KevinSoma !
Did you manage to find a solution to this?
I noticed it is happening to me as well only on iPhone.

Hi @TomerBaranes , not yet. Their support team still has no answer until now and this seems to be a known issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors