Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

KevinSoma
Regular Visitor

Power BI embedded report crashing when pinch to zoom on Mobile iOS device

Hello everyone,

I have embedded a Power BI report in an HTML page, and it functions properly on desktop, iPad, and Android mobile devices. However, I am encountering a problem when using it on an Apple iOS device. Whenever I try to pinch to zoom, the page crashes and reloads.

I have tested this issue on Safari, Google Chrome, and Brave Browser, and the problem persists across all of them. I have properly assigned the mobile layout settings (layoutType: models.LayoutType.MobilePortrait and layoutType: models.LayoutType.MobileLandscape) for both portrait and landscape orientations.

I am currently using an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS version 16.5 for testing, and I have also replicated the issue on the previous iOS version 15.6.1.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice regarding the cause of this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

5 REPLIES 5
apenaranda
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello, @KevinSoma I am trying to insert the report but with mobile design view, which I understand is what you mention but in my case it does not show me the mobile design report but rather the desktop one. I also have added the layoutType: models line. LayoutType.MobilePortrait but ignores it.
I may be doing the design wrong or I may be missing something. Could you help me see by comparing how you have it?
I do the embedding in an html although I indicate it from javascript
Thank you.

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @KevinSoma ,

I suggest to post your question under the Developer community, that is monitored by Power BI Embbeded experts.

Developer - Microsoft Fabric Community

Thanks, Maya 

Hi, 

This is already posted under the Developer community too but Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin suggested to post it in power bi mobile app forum. 

See: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Developer/Power-BI-embedded-report-crashing-when-pinch-to-... 

Hi @KevinSoma !
Did you manage to find a solution to this?
I noticed it is happening to me as well only on iPhone.

Hi @TomerBaranes , not yet. Their support team still has no answer until now and this seems to be a known issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors