Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Web content failed to get content error in Power BI

We are importing ADX(kusto) dataset in Power BI using direct query mode.
Since we scaled up the cpu count in ADX, the visuals got crashed in Power BI desktop/Service and got the below error.

Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://(Clustername.location.)kusto.windows.net/v1/rest/query?db=(database)&csl=.show%20version' (520): InternalServiceError

But the query and tables are working fine in ADX, only in Power BI we are facing the issue.
For every refresh, Some of the visuals are working and some of the visuals are crashing.
Its soo weird and we can't recoginze the rootcause of this issue.

Even I tried to create a new Power BI report using the ADX connection string, i got the same issue.

once we scale down and return back to the previous state of cpu count. The reports are coming up and working fine.

Due to the performance issue, we are in need of scaling up the cpu count in ADX which results in crashing power bi reports. 

Need help to resolve this issue!

Hi  @mehalam 

This seems to be an ADX issue, maybe the CPU expansion hits some limits. You can refer to the documentation below to see if it helps you.

Power Query Azure Data Explorer (Kusto) connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

You can also ask your question inside the Azure forums to see if anyone can help you.

Azure Data Explorer - Microsoft Q&A

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @mehalam 

You use Azure Data Explorer (Kusto) connector to connect to ADX ,right ? You mentioned that you scaled up the cpu count in ADX , then you got an error , can you explain it in detail ? If you don't scaled up the CPU , you can load data from ADX normally , right ?

Best Regards,

mehalam
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft , Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm using Azure Data Explorer (Kusto) connector to connect to ADX.
Before scaling up, the data are communicating without any issue. But once I scaled up the ADX, the data are not communicating to Power BI and giving me the visual error 
"Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://(Clustername.location.)kusto.windows.net/v1/rest/query?db=(database)&csl=.show%20version' (520): InternalServiceError"

Doing nothing on Power BI Side, just we scale down (back to the same cpu count) of the ADX in Azure portal, the reports are loading automatically without any issue.

Hope I clarified your doubt!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @mehalam 

This seems to be an ADX issue, maybe the CPU expansion hits some limits. You can refer to the documentation below to see if it helps you.

Power Query Azure Data Explorer (Kusto) connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

You can also ask your question inside the Azure forums to see if anyone can help you.

Azure Data Explorer - Microsoft Q&A

Best Regards,

mehalam
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft ,

In ADX, i just run the whole table and used some query to check whether in ADX it is working fine or not. In ADX, it is working fine after scale up / scale down the CPU count. Only in Power BI it throws error. 

As per your suggestion, I will make a question in Azure forums. 

Thanks