Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Timeline slicer 2.4.0. BUG

Hi,

i found a behaviour of timeline slicer which i suppose to be a bug:

I have sales data from the last 2 years or so and in my case i wanted to restrict the date choice in one view "A" to the current year, while in other views i wanted to be able to choose all the last years
My appoach was, to set a filter on the timeline slicer visual in view A, but this results in the following strange behaviour:
When i select all visible dates then (no matter, if quarters, month, weeks or days were chosen), timeline does not filter the visible date range, but rather applies no filtering - see following screenshots.
a) with filter on timeline visual:

KilianG_0-1693232443882.png

b) same date range, but no filter applied to timeline visual:

KilianG_1-1693232443378.png

A selected date range should only filtering the Dates it shows, regardless of all visible dates are chosen or not.

Best regards,
Kilian

Hi  @KilianG 

I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your sample for reference ?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @KilianG 

I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your sample for reference ?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

KilianG
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

yes, take this example: https://we.tl/t-d9WG99pMOk and try it like in my description above.
Since i dont't wanted to share "real" data, i inserted some random methods. So you will have different numbers to my screenshots above, off course, but the problem is the same.

KilianG
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft any news on this topic?

doug_sheehan
Regular Visitor

Has the Timeline 2.4.0 slicer been fixed? 
I saw it was last updated April 2024.

I have heard it doesn't play nice iwth relative date/time regarding months?

KilianG
Frequent Visitor

@doug_sheehanNo, the issue still exists - we use the latest version and the behaviour is still the same.
Actually, chosing a different approach sfor that filtering (not via TimeLine) solved our problem, but, to come back to your question: beside this issue, we had no problems with Timeline Slicer.