Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer bug?

I completed one of my reports. It has a slicer that let me manipulate the date range. 

1.PNG

However, when I go to publish this report, it seems everything remains the same except for the date range formatting, which is the only thing that changes.

2.PNG

Is there any way I can fix this? or is this a bug? 

Hi @JSmith912 ,

The default date format of the Power BI slicer depends on the client’s regional settings.

Even if you change the date format in Power BI Desktop, the date format may change according to the language setting of the browser when the report is published to the Power BI service. Therefore, if you want to see the same date format in the Power BI service as in Power BI Desktop, you may need to check and change the language setting of the browser. 

Solved: date format in slicer - Microsoft Fabric Community

Re: Date format in slicer is changing to mm/dd/yyy... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @JSmith912 ,

The default date format of the Power BI slicer depends on the client’s regional settings.

Even if you change the date format in Power BI Desktop, the date format may change according to the language setting of the browser when the report is published to the Power BI service. Therefore, if you want to see the same date format in the Power BI service as in Power BI Desktop, you may need to check and change the language setting of the browser. 

Solved: date format in slicer - Microsoft Fabric Community

Re: Date format in slicer is changing to mm/dd/yyy... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn