Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Service - "The column does not exist in the rowset" when refreshing from empty SharePoint list

Unfortunately this issue appears to be partly back for refreshes started since Midnight UTC on UK South.  The reports affected have not been changed or republished and were working fine since the fix for the previous issue https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Service-Failing-to-refresh-SharePoint-list...

was put in on 20th August 2023.  I've found the error seems to happen using the V2 connector for empty lists where the ID column is removed using Table.SelectColumns.

Data source error: The 'dd_DeliverableId' column does not exist in the rowset. Table: dd_Projects.
Cluster URI: WABI-UK-SOUTH-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 8cc307bd-c642-4a99-84e5-c976b286ffb4
Request ID: 2ef0024d-c5f8-3877-c04a-8c2ac6ca4ddf
Time: 2023-09-04 10:34:05Z

I think there's probably a dependency on the age of the list being connected to as lists I've just created aren't showing the issue but older empty lists are (the one causing the error here was created in April 2021).

Thanks

Mark

Hi @mpwilliamson ,

This issue Power BI Service Failing to refresh SharePoint lis... - Microsoft Fabric Community not fully repaired, it might be due to this problem.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu

Comments
mpwilliamson
Advocate II

Additional information - even when adding back in the ID column, the refresh for this report is now taking so long it times out on Power BI Service (8+ hours) where previously it was taking 1-2 hours (it's pulling a lot of data from SharePoint!) but worked.

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @mpwilliamson ,

This issue Power BI Service Failing to refresh SharePoint lis... - Microsoft Fabric Community not fully repaired, it might be due to this problem.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu

mpwilliamson
Advocate II

Thanks for the reply.  That issue appeared to be repaired and working OK until this weekend, hopefully whatever has happened can be rolled back or fixed.  

Taryn
Frequent Visitor

I agree with mpwilliamson that this issue seems tied to the age of the list. I created a new list by copying an existing list and it doesn't even allow me to remove the ID column because it fails on the navigation step. I get the error immediately when I select the list name.

Taryn_0-1697207495998.png

Taryn_2-1697207496000.png

However, when I create a new blank SharePoint list, I don't have the problem.

If someone could please let us know how we could change the old list to make it work, that would be wonderful. I really don't want to spend hours recreating every list and I don't want to disrupt ongoing activities.

Taryn
Frequent Visitor

A new version of Power BI desktop was released over the weekend. I've installed it, but the problem remains. I would really like to update my SharePoint lists rather than rebuild everything -- which would take considerable effort and time. Please Microsoft, offer a solution!