Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Scorecard Metrics not Staying Up to Date

Hello Support,

I am hoping someone can help me solve a recent issue with my scorecards. Starting 3/7/23 my scorecard goals are not staying updated with the linked reports. 

I have multiple Metrics linked directly to reports. 

kaylastarr_0-1678714249189.png

The scorecards are no longer auatomatically updating. I have to manually update them by refreshing the connection to the report. Even though the report is automatically refreshing

kaylastarr_1-1678714279975.png

I have both the report and scorecard data sets set to automatically updated multiple times a day. And despite those occuring without errors the data in the scorecard is not updating. This is causing issues with our performance KPIs.

kaylastarr_2-1678714426710.png

I have not changed anything in either report to cause the changes. I have even added new goals that are also not updating. 

Hi @kaylastarr ,

Seems the issue was resolved, please try again in your side.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
MattBossert
Helper II

I have the same issue described above by @kaylastarr.  I have existing scorecards with metrics which are linked directly to existing reports.  These metrics had been updating daily without fail until last week on March 7. 

After March 7, the scorecard is no longer pulling the updated value of the metric despite nothing having changed on either the scorecard, or the source report.  The report itself is updating without issue.  See screenshot below from today showing no updates on the scorecard value since March 7:

2023-03-13 PBI Scorecard Metric Update Issue.jpg

This issue is impacting 50+ metrics of mine across multiple scorecards.  Manually refreshing the connection does bring in the new value of the metric into the scorecard, but this is not an efficient workaround.

kobio

Same issue here. Scorecard has been updating fine for months, then stopped on March 7. Data in underlying reports has scheduled refresh and is successfully refreshing. 

Tried to re-establish data connections from metrics to data reports, but the scorecard is not being refreshed. 

Zinck
Frequent Visitor

I too have the same issue. But instead of the 7th of March, it was the 10th of March which was lastest date it worked.

DarrenCooper
Frequent Visitor

I too have the same issue, none of my connect metrics in the scorecards are refreshing anymore. The underlying reports are refreshing and working as expected.

The only way to get around this currently is to manually hit the refresh button on each metric which is not sustainable. 

ndrogo

Same issue started on the 8th 

Nico_Kl
Frequent Visitor

Same issue!

My Scorecards / Metrics stopped updating after 10th march, while the linked metrics in the original report/dashboard are succesfully refreshed.

Also, the end date of my metrics is 31-12-2023 but it randomly changed to 30-12-2023 for all my metrics.

Hope this can be fixed.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @kaylastarr ,

This seems to be a issue for many people. As of now, I haven't found this is confirmed as a known issue. I haven't reproduced the problem so far. I will follow up the problem in following days, if there's any updates, I will update here. If you have a Pro license, you can also create a support ticket for deeper help.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

MartaR_Analyst
Regular Visitor

Same issue on my end. The issue started on the 8th of March.

Swiny
Regular Visitor

Same issue for us. We have 200+ metrics/submetrics connected to a dataset in Power BI Service that refreshes daily. Our metrics updated daily with new values until last week. We have to now do each one manually. 

kaylastarr
Advocate V

Just so everyone knows I did open a support ticket and they are looking into the issue.