Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Relationship Lines Missing in Model Viewer in Version 2.119.701.0

All the relationship lines are missing from the model view.  All graphical manipulation of the model fails.  Adding new tables/datasources fail.  A new version needs to be released immediately.  It appears that version 2.119.666.0 doesn't have that problem.  These versions are so new that they're not even documented on the Microsoft site.  😞

Hi @cperuski 

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @cperuski 

The The latest version is 2.118.828.0 64-bit (June 2023), have you tried installing this version and then testing it?

Best Regards,

cperuski
Advocate II

Hello @v-yetao1-msft 

The latest version is 2.119.701.0 which was released in the middle of last week.

Thanks,

Chris

AMZBrando
Employee

@v-yetao1-msft 
Seeing the same problem in the July version (Version: 2.119.666.0 64-bit (July 2023)) relationship lines are all messy and they completely disappear. There is another link where this was chatted about. I was able to fix my issue by downloading the MAY 2023 version and everything works fine again. Tried the July version again the relationship lines seem to be messy and when i try to change a relationship, the lines disappear. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-d...

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @cperuski 

@AMZBrando mentioned that MAY 2023 version can fixed this issue , you can install this version to test your issue ! Also ,you can upload your pbix file(remove sensitive info) for us to test in our environment .

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

RossTaylorData
Regular Visitor

Hi, experiencing a similar issue with 2.119.666.0. Relationship lines now go behind other tables, making relationships difficult to track. And when new tables are imported, they cannot be moved from the top left corner, and new relationships formed with other tables will no longer show visible lines. I'm using Windows 10 Pro and installed Power Bi from the microsoft store.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly the same problem as @RossTaylorData mentioned since today. Version 2.119.701.0.

I can confirm following points:

• Relationship lines now go behind other tables
  • When new tables are imported, they cannot be moved from the top left corner
  • Adding new relationships formed with other tables will no longer show visible relationship lines

Uploading that file to the Service allows editing the datamodel perfectly. Downloading and trying to do so in PBI Desktop leads again to the mentioned problems. PBI Desktop is not usable now!

Please fix that very soon!

RossTaylorData
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous  In the end I uninstalled Power BI and downloaded the May 2023 version from here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-desktop#may-2023-update-21172860 (ctrl+f 'may 2023 version of power bi desktop - 64-bit' to find the download link).

I'll reinstall the microsoft store version and start auto-updating when its confirmed to be working again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay... more a workaround than a real solution... I am using some new features which aren't available in the May version. So please Microsoft @v-yetao1-msft . This is definitely something for a hot-fix.

AMZBrando
Employee

@Anonymous @v-yetao1-msft 

Thanks, Alma7 yes that's exactly what happened with mine. Thanks for sharing your bullet points.

Quoted:

I can confirm the following points:

• Relationship lines now go behind other tables
  • When new tables are imported, they cannot be moved from the top left corner
  • Adding new relationships formed with other tables will no longer show visible relationship lines
DDDDD
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft I'm having this problem too, very frustrating and makes it really hard work.
I posted here on an older thread, perhaps look back at what happened then to expedite a fix now please.

I'm on 2.119.666.0 64-bit (July 2023) and having same problems as above, new tables pinned to top left and unable to move them. Unable to move other tables, lines dissapeared or going behind tables making it hard to track.