Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Random visual selection/activation stuck both in PBI Service and PBI Desktop

Hi all,

as the title already describes, multiple users in our company (including myself) are experiencing that visuals are stuck in "active mode" (as in, when you click a visual it enables the "Filters on this visual" section in the filterpane and shows all icons of that visual). We started noticing this behavior as of this week both in PBI Desktop (and in Service) in mutiple reports that never displayed such behavior before.

The behavior is slightly annoying in that one specific visual (seems random which one) on each page retains it's active state, no matter where you click to deselect this. Clicking a different visual will shift the active selection to that new visual, but clicking somewhere on the side outside of all visuals, defaults the selection back to that specific visual. It is therefore never possible to deselect all visuals.

Among those reports are reports that have changed and reports that have not changed. Both types display this behavior. It would be nice to have this fixed.

Cheers,

Niels

Hi  @C4YNelis 

I am so glad to hear that the issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delilvered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
C4YNelis
Advocate III

thank you!

I'll try the same soon, if the issue remains. it's well worth the hour if that will indeed solve the issue.

Did you get any helpful feedback that might hint towards the cause or indeed even a solution?

I'm a little wary that resolving the issue this way will not prevent me from running into the same problem again in the future.

rbk1234
Frequent Visitor

The last thing they told me was that the case was escalated to the Product Group team. So i think they resolved the issue internally. Maybe they found my section/country was having the problem, some others don't. If you think that way, if you make a ticket they can trace that particular bug and fix it. You are going to help yourself and others. 

The conclusion for me is that it was something only microsoft could fix. 

C4YNelis
Advocate III

Hi @rbk1234 ,

you were right. I too filed a bug report. Support was great and the issue has now been fixed (for us at least).

It is indeed a technical issue, across many tenants in several regions. Like you said, I too was told it has been escalated to the productteam and that resulted in them making some changes. I'm not sure if that means it is now fixed across the board, but I'm happy to see the reports respond in a normal way again.

Thanks for your help!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @C4YNelis 

I am so glad to hear that the issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delilvered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao