Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Problem importing a folder to Power BI

Hi, I have a very strange issue:

today I wanted to import for Excel files (complete folder, no other files, etc). I kept getting the error message

SIH007_0-1700567750790.png

What is so strange about it is that I had that issue 2 weeks ago already. When I tried to import the very same folder the next day it worked without any problems. Can anyone tell me the reason for it? I am sure, tomorrow it will work fine again.

Best regards,

Susanne

Hi @SIH007 ,

Over the past few days, Power BI has experienced a temporary service outage that may have led to this issue.

I can't accurately identify the error message in the sample picture above.

Since it's an English surpport fourm,if you can show the picture in English.We may provide better help.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @SIH007 ,

Over the past few days, Power BI has experienced a temporary service outage that may have led to this issue.

I can't accurately identify the error message in the sample picture above.

Since it's an English surpport fourm,if you can show the picture in English.We may provide better help.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

SIH007
Frequent Visitor

ok, if it helps, the problem still persists:
Fehlermeldung Power BI Englisch.jpg

SIH007
Frequent Visitor

I found the source of the problem: The files in the folder had different tab-names. If you can't guarantee that all files have the same tab names you have to modify the M-textM-code.jpg