Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PowerBI Report not updating.

We have created a report and we have published it and it works absolutely fine. 
We made a copy of the above mentioned report and have filtered the data for a significantly smaller data-set and published it under a different filename. We are getting errors.
The message that we are recieving is:

croubekas_0-1663318459401.png

Any ideas?

Hi @croubekas 

You mentioned that you made a copy , can you explain it in detail ? The workspace you publish the report to is a Premium Capacity ? This problem usually occurs due to a limited amount of memory that can be used with Power BI Premuium. 

You need to install the Premium Metrics App to see what is consuming all the memory in your Premuim node to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Here is are more details on the app: Monitor Power BI Premium capacities with the Premium Capacity Metrics app. - Power BI | Microsoft Do...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @croubekas 

You mentioned that you made a copy , can you explain it in detail ? The workspace you publish the report to is a Premium Capacity ? This problem usually occurs due to a limited amount of memory that can be used with Power BI Premuium. 

You need to install the Premium Metrics App to see what is consuming all the memory in your Premuim node to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Here is are more details on the app: Monitor Power BI Premium capacities with the Premium Capacity Metrics app. - Power BI | Microsoft Do...

Best Regards,

croubekas

Ailsa-msft thank you for your reply.

The way I copied it is from the pbix report on my desktop computer, created a copy of it and changed the name of the file. Openned the new file and changes the filters.

The new report contains less than 200.000 records. The original report contains more than 1.000.000 records.
The original report refreshes without issues, the new (copied) report does not refresh and I get the error that I have already published.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @croubekas 

Did you try to publish the report to other workspace ? 

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @croubekas 

Did you try to publish the report to other workspace ? 

Best Regards,