Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBI Content List Icons & Accessibility

The new update changed to icons that are all grey line drawings and defaults to showing all content types together with no quick way to switch between datasets and reports/dashboards (it now requires more clicks than it did previously). Both of these changes would not be ideal on their own, but the combination of these makes it very difficult to see the differences at a glance, especially with a long list of items. I'm not sure what the intent was here, but it's made it a less user friendly experience. It would be great to at least have an option to default to not showing datasets, but the bigger help would be to have icons that can be distinguished at a glance.

Thanks!

Hi @awright19 

Thanks for your feedback ! The issue forum is used to deal with issues related to system error reporting. If it's about suggestions in use, you can update your thoughts in the ideas forum. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . Whats more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Home (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
zwyatt
Frequent Visitor

Whole-heartedly agree!  Been scouring google and the forums for any help, as I'd be happy to just be able to ONLY list reports, as the default.  But, I can't seem to find any settings, toggles, etc to help cleanup this change, for my users.  
Hopefully, MS will be follow-up with SOME sort of "quality of life" help, if we're going to be stuck with grey-scaled mess.  

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @awright19 

Thanks for your feedback ! The issue forum is used to deal with issues related to system error reporting. If it's about suggestions in use, you can update your thoughts in the ideas forum. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . Whats more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Home (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

awright19
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. My post in ideas is here for anyone else having the same issue: https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=ac880d49-c5fb-ed11-a81c-6045bdb98602