Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power Bi online doesn't refresh properly

Hi everyone,

I have several Power Pi dashboards online each connected to a different sharepoint, from which it takes data (all sharepoints are identical).
Each dashboard updates automatically every night.

The problem is that one of these dashboards online doesn't show the data correctly (there are some missing data), while in PBi desktop it does.

Some queries in PBi desktop have a yellow triangle icon next to them, but when I click on these queries, it automatically refresh data and the triangle disappears.
None of these queries have Error data, nor do they give any problems when refreshing the dataset in PBi desktop.

In Power Bi online dataset, I notice that a table which have the triangle icon in PBi desktop is missing data which in sharepoint is extracted from a search column.

But in this column in the SharePoint all data are entered correctly.

Could you please tell me how to refresh Power Bi online properly?

Thank you all very much!

Hi @Cheis01 ,

We noticed you mentioned that only the content in one of the dashboards is not updating properly. We are now facing sharepoint Online List Item-level Permissions behavior isn't taking effect, can you check if you are experiencing a similar experience?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Cheis01 ,

We noticed you mentioned that only the content in one of the dashboards is not updating properly. We are now facing sharepoint Online List Item-level Permissions behavior isn't taking effect, can you check if you are experiencing a similar experience?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Cheis01

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft

thanks for the reply, my problem isn't about Online List Item-level Permissions I think.

This is the problem:

I have 2 lists in SharePoint, one for master data and one for data entry, where the data entry list called "refuelling", which has a search column referring to the master data; the column in question is called "number plate".

Power Bi extract the "refuelling" list and its dashboard online doesn't show the data correctly, whereas locally it does.

Data entered in the SharePoint refer to 4 years: 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024. While the online dashboard only shows 2022 and 2023.

In the Power Bi online dataset, I see that all the "refuelling" rows have the "number plate" column empty and all the information in the master data seems not to be processed (all columns obtained by expanding  "number plate" are empty too); but in the end 2 years of data are still shown.

In Power Bi's Power Query I can't see calculations and problems because when I click on the query that have the triangle icon, after a few seconds of loading, it works perfectly.

I think it's not a permissions problem, because all other SharePoints I work on are built in the same way and none give this kind of problem.

Thank you very much for your time!

Cheis01