Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power Bi - Auto Refresh

Hello All - I have been trying to update my Power Bi model to refresh on a daily basis. It used to refresh automatically at 1:30PM every day, but recently stopped refreshing due to a connection error. After going through and updating the settings to automatically refresh, it keeps giving me errors saying there's an issue with the web source being invalid.

Error messages usually say something like: "Data source error: The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid" and then it'll list a file that the model is linked to with a table.

The main data source for my Power Bi model has a good connection, but it seems to be the other excel sheets that I have linked to it. Is there a way to maybe disconnect the excel sheets from the auto-refresh? I keep getting these errors each time the refresh goes through and I am lost.

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Hi @AutumnK 

Thanks for your feedback . First of all what are the data sources for this semantic model you are refreshing? Secondly have you configured the gateway for all of them and can you provide a screenshot of the relevant information you have set up? Did you do an update to the credentials of the data source or move the location of the data source?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @AutumnK 

Thanks for your feedback . First of all what are the data sources for this semantic model you are refreshing? Secondly have you configured the gateway for all of them and can you provide a screenshot of the relevant information you have set up? Did you do an update to the credentials of the data source or move the location of the data source?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao